Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And Then There Was Two: Our Worst Nightmare (Notes from Chapter 10)

“ “You are taking my husband to jail?” When he nods, Auntie lets out a wail like I’ve never heard, pulling at her own cheeks. My heart feels like it has been twisted into a knot.”

I thought that this part of the book was really sad. Both Abba and Uncle have been detained because of their expired visas, and the family is left stranded. I was really sad when Aisha was trying to get the officer listen to her, but all she said was they had no right to be sitting where they were and that their uncle had no rights in America because he was illegal. Poor Nadira and Aisha’s lives are falling apart right in front of their eyes. I’m really not sure at this point what they’re going to do to help their families. Now they must free Abba as well as Uncle, and make sure they can stay in the United States. This is a really difficult situation, and I hope that this all will end well.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Jimmi. I like the quote you chose. I chose a similar one in mine. I also like you word choice, especially "the family is left stranded". That is a really good way of saying it.
    Nice job,
    Jake

    ReplyDelete