Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Treat People The Way You Want To Be Treated (Notes from Chapter 9)

“If I say a word that is angry, he explained, then I should never be surprised by the harm. And if I say something good, then it is like watching my own garden grow, and that is the greatest pleasure ever.”

I really like what Ali-Uncle said. I agree that when you say something mean to another person, you should never be surprised that it hurt them. People are people, and all of us have feelings. On the other and, when you say something kind to another person, it makes them want to me nice to you. What goes around, comes around, so treat people the way that you want to be treated, because they most likely will treat you the same way. Ali-Uncle seems to know a lot about this. He teaches Aisha and Nadira things that they otherwise wouldn’t know, and I think it’s important for them to keep seeing him and talking to him, because he is teaching them to be good people.

1 comment: